Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cookies, Part III - more galactosemic friendly cookies for the holidays...

With this snow I am back at making more cookies. All of the chocolate sables are already gone. I decorated part of them with a walnut and baked them like that. They were my husband's favorite...and all, yes all of the chocolate ones, are already gone. So I am making more. Here is another recipe you may not know yet...

Hazelnut Macaroons - Haselnuss Makroenchen

3 Egg White
1 pinch of salt
100 gram Sugar
300 -350 gram finely ground hazelnuts
Additional whole hazelnuts for decorating

1. Beat egg white and the pinch of salt until they are firm
2. Add 1/2 of the sugar until egg whites are "shiny"
3. Add rest of the sugar and hazelnuts mix well
4. PREHEAT oven to 350 F
5. Use two teaspoons to put dough on cookie sheet (put parchment paper on the cookie sheet)
6. Top each mound of dough with a hazelnut
7. Bake 8-10 minutes

Depending on the size of your dough mounds this recipe can yield up to 50 pieces. I generally make big mounds and therefore I don't get more than 30 each out of this recipe...

Happy baking - please let me know if you like this...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...