Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our trip to Europe...The flight

Time flies we have been back for almost a month already. Wow! - We had such a great time and everything just worked out great. Not once did I have any sort of anxiety about the food...and why did I not blog while in Europe. OK, here is the reason and yes, I know it sounds lame. My friends convinced me that I have to read about the teenage vampires in Twilight. Yes, unbelievable but its true so all my spare time (unless I was in the Sauna) I spent reading the entire series. And yes, I am way past my teenage years...but enough of this here is how the trip went.

Food on the Flight PDX - FRA via Chicago
I packed a bunch of snacks for the girls, including cookies, crackers, hard boiled eggs, soy yogurt, soy milk, etc. however on the first flight I bought them each a snack box. We flew United and I got the "Right Bite" one. It contains Lemon Tuna, Hummus, Pita Chips, both girls loved it. For entertainment we used the IPod Touch. Ron downloaded a a couple of "Dora" and "Winnie the Pooh" episodes. Once in Chicago I stuck to my plan. What was the plan? I decided to let the girls eat Happy Meals at McDonalds. It worked out perfectly as the gate for our Frankfurt flight was right next to the McDonald's. The Happy Meals actually kept both girlies very happy and it did ease my guilt (about eating McDonald's that is)...

Shortly after take off in Chicago we were served dinner. I had ordered vegan meals for the girls, let me just say that I was SO HAPPY that both had eaten dinner. Neither girl liked the food very much but then again it is airplane food...Mia Rose fell asleep right after dinner and I had to wake her shortly before landing in Frankfurt. She slept on my arm the entire flight, luckily I got some sleep too. Alena was busy drawing and eventually also got some sleep...Honestly the whole trip to Europe went so much better than expected. It was fantastic.

Upon landing in Frankfurt we rented a car and drove three hours to my home town, Tuttingen. The snacks which I had originally packed with the airplane ride in mind, were eaten in the car ride :) So glad that I packed the food...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...