Saturday, April 3, 2010

What's for dinner?

Tuesday is always an exciting day for me as it is the day we receive our box of produce. With the addition of the weekly produce box, I have changed my prior old habit of writing a meal plan the beginning of the week. The produce box opens a whole new world of options :)

This past delivery we got mushrooms, leek, rhubarb, salad greens, chard, fruit, cabbage, and a ton more. So usually when there are mushrooms my first thought is to make Risotto. I love Risotto - so easy, yet satisfying and delicious :) But you know what? My lovely husband actually balked at Risotto "...risotto again..." he said - and that even so we only eat it about once a month, OK I admit sometimes twice but it is just so, so good. So I was in pickle (isn't that what you say?) but I am the proud owner of a Joy of Cooking and quickly found a recipe for Mushroom Ragout to be served with Polenta. I added a salad and it was very good. The recepie of course had a lot of dairy but I just swapped it out with Earth Balance and Tofutti Sour Cream. Worked out well...

The other day we had Leek Quiche, the cabbage became "Cabbage with Pork and Potatoes" and the rhubarb pie became a "Rhubarb Meringue Pie" which we just ate :) I posted the recipe for the "Rhubarb Meringue Pie". Here is the link --> http://bit.ly/bjjwM7

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...