Sunday, July 29, 2012

Shopping...

what a boring title, is it not?!  Yes, admit it...I admit it :) In any case, that is it for today.  No dinner post - I am really not totally back in the swing of cooking it was Taco Sunday today - but a post about shopping.  It is exciting so, well at least that is what I think.

You may remember that we met with our fabulous metabolic team, and dietician this past week.  One of the things that were mentioned was that Alena should start to read labels and determine herself whether or not the item is safe.  Well, I thought maybe we start this in six months or so but today we went on our first major shopping adventure.  Why not?!  So today was the day where I had Alena read food labels to determine whether or not the item is safe for either of the girls.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine Alena to be excited about this.  She was - s o  s o  e x c i t e d as she read through all the wild ingredients on some of the items.  One word - empowered!!!  At the end of our shopping trip both girls saw a bag of "White Cheddar Pirate Booties".  Now I know that they are not safe, but how would the girls know that without me telling them, right?! So as they asked I encouraged Alena to read the ingredients.  As she read through the first ingredients it was a "oh, I think it may be OK" she read on and ended "Mia Rose we cannot have this.  It has milk." With that she put the package back and that was it.

We will keep working on it on our remaining shopping trips before my favorite season of the year ends...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...