Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pasta with Sage Sausage, Pea Shoots, & Capers and a side of roasted veggies

It is already Wednesday and yes,  I have been slow in posting our dinners - but do not despair daily dinners are posted on the Facebook page.  So you can keep track of what we are eating :) be sure to stop on by....

Anyways, yesterday it was just one crazy day.  I dropped the girls off at school,  went back home to work - I work from home 4/5 days -, and got back up from my desk when it was time to get the girlies. No, no, no, I am not complaining all I am saying is that it has been that crazy of a day.  So honestly, I really did not feel much like making dinner and going out sounded so much easier but I guess some time away from work was just needed.  After snack was eaten, and homework was done the girlies and I headed to our favorite grocery store in town -> New Seasons's Market :)  So we decided on pasta with sausage, the additions came to my mind as I was making dinner...

And yes, Ron seemed surprised when he came home and saw that dinner was in the making....

Pasta with Sage Sausage Pea Shoots & Capers


Pasta with Sage Sausage, Pea Shoots & Capers

  •  1 lb of your favorite pasta - cook according to directions
  •  1 lb bulk sage sausage {or your favorite sausage}
  •  1 shallot diced
  •  1 garlic clove minced
  •  1/3 C white wine
  •  1/3 C Wildwood Creamer
  •  2 tsp. Chef's Shake by The Spice Hunter
  •  3 Tb Capers
  •  Salt & Pepper to taste {red pepper flakes I added mine to my plate as the rest of my family does not like them}
  • 1/2 C grated Parmesiano Regiano {optional}
  •   2 C chopped Pea Shoots
    Pasta with Sage Sausage Pea Shoots & Capers
  1. Cook pasta according to directions - while cooking make the sausage
  2. In a dry pan fry sausage until crumbly. Drain the oil from the pan and set cooked sausage aside,
  3. In the same pan {you will have some grease left over} sauté the shallot and garlic for a couple of minutes, before adding the sausage back in to the pan. Mix well,  then
  4. Add white wine, creamer and the spices.  Cook for about five minutes or so until liquid is reduced,
  5. Add capers, salt and pepper then,
  6. Add cooked pasta and mix everything well, next
  7. Add Parmesiano Regiano {if using} also mix it up well
  8. Just before serving top with the chopped pea shoots and mix it all up.

Serve with either a big salad, or roasted veggies!

Enjoy!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...