Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Today I cried...the most wonderful teacher & preschool

I could not help myself this morning but cry. Tears of joy, which I could not stop...What happened?! OK - let me tell you. When I brought Alena to camp this morning one of the teachers asked if I had a moment. Of course, I had a moment to talk. The teacher told me that it today is the B-day of another teacher and that she had gotten a treat for the afternoon class. She bought Tofutti Cuties, and wanted to make sure that Alena can eat them. Of course...when I asked why she got Cuties her response was "...I wanted to make sure to get a treat Alena can have as well and I thought she (Alena) told me before that she likes them..." Is that not the most thoughtful, sweetest thing ever...I cried. Later I talked to the Director of Education to share this great story. The philosophy of the school is to make sure everybody is included...

There is something else I want to say. When we first got the diagnosis I would never thought that any of this is possible. Never, did I think it would be possible for my child to have the same treats in school and just be a regular kid. I am just so, so overwhelmingly happy :) Thank you for reading ;)

Check out the school http://www.childswork.org...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...