Thursday, August 20, 2009

Uncalled for reaction...sometimes it just stings a little

Strange title?! Maybe I think of something better as I write this, but for right now it stands. Do you want me to keep you in suspense ;)...So first of, the uncalled reaction was by me. Here is what happened. Today was Mia Rose's last day at her little preschool (she will graduate to the "big" house in September). To commemorate the end of the year there will be a little celebration tomorrow at 11:30 at Mia Rose's school. The teacher's made sure to invite us (as Mia Rose usually is home on Friday's). When I picked Mia Rose up her teacher came up to me and said "...I just want to let you know that to celebrate tomorrow we will have cheese pizza. So maybe your girls could already have eaten lunch...". And here comes my totally uncalled for reaction I said "...Fine. We will not come!!!..." It came out just like that. Wow! I shocked myself. What a strong uncalled for reaction. Why did I react that way?! Well, truth be said I honestly felt like crying. Crying because my kids are excluded from a very fun kids thing. Pizza with their friends. True, I always say it they are not excluded there is a ton of non-cheese pizza out there but they are different and cannot take part exactly as the others do. Just like I cried out of happiness a couple of weeks ago when Megan made sure to include Alena, I could have (***note I did NOT) cried. But instead of having tears came up, there was stubbornness...Ron came along to pick-up Mia Rose and he did not understand the way I reacted either. Sometimes it just still stings...

We worked things out and actually go to the party tomorrow. I will pick up a slice of pizza from Oasis for the girls to take along to Mia Rose's school, and party with the rest of the group. In retrospect I feel all guilt ridden and hope that the girls did hear what went on. Surely I do not want them to feel left out...OK now I have to get back to happy thoughts and have to remember that the glass is always half full :).

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...