Saturday, January 9, 2010

Look at this great looking B-day cake - dream in pink & purple



...did I mention that Alena turned 6 late last year? - We, as every year, had a big party for her at home. Complete with cake, games, entertainment, crafts, and dinner (Wieners with potato salad). This year we again ordered a cake (yes, we ordered the cake :))) ). We have the most fantastic Vegan Bakery here in Portland. Sweetpea Baking Company... http://sweetpeabaking.com/. In any case, Alena & I stopped by the bakery a couple of weeks before her B-day to decide what type of cake she wanted. As you can see she wanted a pink cake, with purple in the shape of a heart!!! And if you are wondering about the flavor, it's delicious, yummy carrot cake. It is the most delicious cake you will ever have. And honestly, nobody would know that it is vegan and therefore safe for the CG diet unless you tell them...Isn't this the most beautiful cake you have seen?

It means so much to me to be able to have a cake for my kids that they love. I know, I know it's just a cake but there was a point in our life were I thought that normalcy would never be part of our dietary life... Surely those of you with special dietary needs know how much it means. And BTW - I saw the cake and almost cried in the bakery...in German we call that "being built a little too close to the water..."

Happy Saturday!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...