Saturday, January 16, 2010

Squash Risotto & Pancakes for dinner

One of my rules is that I will only cook one meal for the entire family. I do not believe in cooking one meal for the adults and a different one for the kids. Everybody eats what the same...yesterday however was the first time ever, ever, ever that I broke my own rule.

So here is how it all happened. From our weekly produce delivery we still had winter squash, beets, broccoli, and some other greens. I decided earlier in the day that it would be Risotto for dinner but then later on changed my mind to savory pancakes with Parmigiano Reggiano served along with oven roasted veggies. In any case, I asked Alena how either meal sounded to her but savory pancakes were not her thing so my executive decision was to make Squash Risotto. As I was making dinner, Alena came back into the kitchen and she asked "...Mama are the pancakes ready? I am so excited that you are making pancakes for dinner..." - ohhhhh, how could I resist, right?! So I broke my own rule for the first time and made pancakes for the girls and delicious Squash Risotto for the adults.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...