Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday Dinner {Kale #salad, smashed potatoes, sauerkraut}

Did you all have a good start into the new week?  We had a fine start into the week.  It was Daddy's weekend at our house, as I was at a working retreat meeting all weekend at the Oregon coast.  I know, poor me - got to take a couple of long walks on the beach all by myself...but you know I honestly do not like being away from my family.  Yes, I do like a little bit of quiet and not having to really worry about the needs of others, but deep down there no other people I rather spend time with...Okay, call me a sap...I can take it :)

Dinner tonight was easy - yet a hodgepodge of things thrown together, well in a way.  For once, I made two different salads.  Ron, Mia Rose, and Alena asked me "why did you make two salads?". First off, what is wrong with having two different salads at the dinner table, right?  Second off, I just felt like lot's of salad and we all know that I love Kale, right? It is so delicious :)

Here is our Monday night dinner...
Sauerkraut, {s}mashed potatoes, Kale salad, smoked pork chops, Kassler, dairy free, milk free, galactosemia recipe

Kassler Ripple {smoked Pork chops}, Sauerkraut, lightened {s}mashed potatoes {using water from the potatoes instead of soy milk}, mixed green salad, and raw kale salad.

For the raw Kale Salad I used my recipe for  Kale-Orange Salad, and instead of orange I added 1/4 C of raisins, as well as a 1/4 C of pumpkin seeds.  It was very delicious and you know, it is a huge hit in our family.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...