Tuesday, August 6, 2013

We are back - recap of the first part of our trip & what we miss...

We have made it back home late Wednesday evening last week, and I finally made it back to my computer :)  Coming back always puts me in sort of a - for lack of better terms - funk.  You know for one there is the jet-lag and the nine hour time difference, and then secondly it is knowing that we most likely not be back in Europe for another year.   Europe is - after all - my first home and I can honestly say that I feel deeply connected with it. It may sound strange, and it is very hard to explain however it is  just such a strong connection...

In any case,  we had a fantastic trip.  It was a successful on the business and on the personal side.  The girls and I spent a lot of quality time with my Mom; it was really wonderful.  We had wonderful visits with some of our dear friends {sadly we did not get visit everyone but that is like a mission impossible in such a short time}; the girls had a lot of fun with the German school friends {yes they did go to school in Germany for three weeks}, and let me tell you their German  skills improved tremendously. They are true bilingual kids :) Now who said this was not possible?!

So now we are back  there are also a few things we miss - besides family and friends - about Europe.  Can you guess what they are?

Let me tell and show you...

  • Freibad, Schwimmbaeder, and - for Ron and me - Sauna are one those things.  Take a look at the girls swimming at the different pool
  • We miss all the lovely "Eisdielen" {ice cream parlor's}
  • Amazing playgrounds










ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...