Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Legacy Emanuel Hospital NICU celebrates 30 years

Last week I saw in the paper that Legacy Emanuel Hospital is celebrating 30 years of its NICU. To celebrate all those who have been patients of the NICU, or been affected by the NICU of Legacy Emanuel are invited. The celebration is on the 18th of November, not quite five years after Alena was a patient there. Should we go, should we not go? - We talked about it and decided that we will be going. When calling to R.S.V.P. I got all choked up and teary eyed. This is the hospital that saved our little girls life. This is the place where I spent much of the month of December in 2003. I never left from my baby's side, yes, I did get a cot but I could not leave. It may not seem like much to the reader, but to me just thinking about it gives me chills and yes I could start to cry. Alena still has a scar on her arm from the PIK Line which was set then...For the longest time I could not bear even driving past Legacy Emanuel. Always being hunted by the memories of our fear, and not knowing what would happen. Of course we have the greatest outcome, and that is a reason to celebrate. This is why we will go with the entire family to celebrate the NICU. Hopefully we will also get to meet some of the wonderful nurses, and Doctors who helped save Alena.

To learn more about Legacy Emanuel Children Hospital click here, there is also a link to the NICU...http://www.legacyhealth.org/body.cfm?id=34&oTopID=34&PLinkID=21

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...