Saturday, November 15, 2008

Memories...

It is November again - Alena is about to turn big 5!!! WOW - time flies by. She is doing so great, and I am just so proud of her. Still I am plagued by the memories of her first six weeks of life. To this day I keep having flashbacks to the time my little baby was lying in the hospital bed and we did not know whether she would be OK. The scare whether her little body would continue to be up for the fight, putting in the PIK line, the scare whenever she needed to get platelets...The sounds of the machines beeping...It still continues to hunt me.

But you say, she is doing so great why do you still dwell on it...I do not know but it is still there and always will be there. I reminded me how fragile life really is. Five years ago one Saturday was the happiest day in my life, one week late it was the scariest day of my life with my little baby being in the PICU....OK - I feel much better now that I have written this off my chest.

Thanks for listening...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...