Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving


I confess that I will not be making my own Pumpkin Pie. I certainly had all the intentions of making one for Thanksgiving but then I called Sweet Pea Bakery...Yup, they are open on Thanksgiving and will have Vegan Pumpkin Pies. Ours is already ordered and we will pick it up Thanksgiving Day.

So what can you do if you are not as lucky as we are? I just looked at the recipe in Joy of Cooking. The recipe uses either evaporated milk, or heavy cream - to make the pie Galactosemia friendly I would substitute the heavy cream with Plain Silk Coffee Creamer. I make a chocolate pie where the recipe also calls for heavy cream. There I substitute with Plain Silk Coffee Creamer and it works perfectly...Let me know how those pumpkin pies turn out :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...