Friday, June 26, 2009

It's summer...camp time

We have been on summer break for a couple of weeks now. School for Alena is out, Mia Rosie's little preschool however continues through the entire year. In order to for me to work a couple of days a week, Alena goes to camp on the two days Mia Rosie is in school. It actually works out very well. The best part is that camp is at Alena's preschool and everybody is aware of her CG. Of course I double checked with all the teachers as we have not met some of them before, but then I noticed this big statement at the end of the daily list stating that Alena cannot eat anything with milk in it, and eats her own crackers, etc. For snack-time I brought in a box of Annie's Graham Bunny Crackers (and which child does not love them ;) ) and we are good to go. Five years ago, I would have never thought that managing the girls diet will become so second nature to me, and that I won't be all anxietal about it anymore...It called growth, right :)

I do not recall if I shared the info on Annie's bunny crackers before; I just have the worst allergies which is now turning into a miserable cold. So I am actually feeling very sorry for myself...ha, ha, ha... OK - enough about me. Here is the link to Annie's http://www.annies.com/bunny_grahams. The flavors available include chocolate, graham, cinnamon, and chocolate chip. They are all very tasty. The girls love the shape and taste of them :) Happy snacking...

What are you doing this summer? I would love to hear from you.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...