Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A fast, easy and quick dinner...chicken, asparagus and couscous

Yesterday my head was spinning. This week I have not been able to plan any of our dinner which makes life so much harder for me. So why do have I not planned??? Good question...In any case, I work on Tuesdays and Thursdays while both girls are in school. So I generally do not have time to go shopping during the day, nor think about dinner. What made matters worse yesterday was that instead of having the night off, I still had a business dinner meeting...I felt the pinch and got really, really stressed. In addition to many processed foods not being safe for the girls, I just do not like to feed my family a lot of processed foods. Ron, saved the day by suggesting the Panko Breaded Chicken. Yeah, I have not made it in quite a while and it is just so, so, so very quick, easy and delicious. Here is the link to the recipe http://galactopdx.blogspot.com/2009/01/panko-baked-chicken-thigs.html. Honestly, it took me about ten minutes to coat the chicken with mustard (I actually left the chicken on the paper, slapped on the mustard and rubbed the mustard over the chicken; then I just breaded it and put it in the baking pan), and coat it with Panko Crumbs. Preheat the oven, pop in the chicken and 40 minutes later dinner is ready. OK - so fear not, I did not just feed the family chicken...asparagus and couscous were there as well. I just baked the asparagus in the oven. Quite delicious - here is how I make it

Green Asparagus
Salt (I use Kosher)
Olive Oil

- Snap ends of asparagus
- Put asparagus in baking dish (best in single layer - but two layers are OK)
- Drizzle with ample olive oil and toss
- Sprinkle with salt and toss

I bake the asparagus for about 15 minutes (the last 15 minutes with the chicken) at 400 F. Just check it until you like it...Delicious.

And with all of that there was couscous which is one of my easy stand by sides...and you know what? The entire family loved dinner last night. There was not one piece of chicken, or asparagus left over...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...