Thursday, January 15, 2009

Panko baked chicken thigs...

This is one of my standard dishes. I make it generally at least once a month...it is easy, fast and everybody in our house loves it. Plus it fits very well to the Panko topic I posted earlier this week...


You will need
- 1-3/4 skineless, boneless chicken thigs
- 1-1/2 Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp minced garlic (I usually put 2-3 cloves through the press)
- 2-3 tsp dried herbs (I alternate between Spice Hunter "Italian Seasoning" and "Poultry
Seasoning"
OR
- fresh herbs i.e.: Thyme, tarragon, or other herb you like - you can also add 2 Tbsp chopped
parsley
- Salt, pepper, and paprika (optional) to taste
- 6 Tbsp Dijon, or other good flavored mustard

  1. Preheat oven to 400 F
  2. Combine Panko bread crumbs, garlic, herbs, salt, pepper & paprika (if using) on a shallow plate
  3. Put mustard over chicken thigs and roll them until covered -> original recipe calls for using a pastry brush to paint mustard lightly on the chicken; we like to taste the mustard as well so I use a lot of it
  4. Roll the chicken in the Panko mixture until breaded
  5. Place chicken into a baking pan and bake app. 40 minutes.

They can be eaten hot or cold. - It makes a great meal, can be prepared ahead of time and no need to use a pan :) I usually serve rice with it as well as oven roasted veggies. This time of year I oven roast Brussels sprouts, and beets. Delicious. The girls really like the veggies as well...

Note: This is recipe is not exact whatsoever. I generally just "slap" on the mustard on the chicken until they are all covered, for the bread crumbs I use as much is needed until all the thighs are completely covered and I use a lot of herbs b/c.


I found this recipe a couple of years ago in the New York Times who had adapted it from Gary Danko and I in return adapted the New York Times version.

If you make this, will you please let me know if you like it? Thank you.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...