Monday, January 12, 2009

I messed up today...well, almost

So this week I am by far not as organized as I was last week. Mia Rose and I went grocery shopping this morning. This week I am making all "standards" our shopping today was really "off the cuff"...Taco's, chicken, potato soup, pasta. Pretty boring stuff. I also got a spice mix for Guacamole. I generally make it from scratch, but oh well...the brand I got was Simply Organic.

OK - we got home late from a play date this afternoon. So Taco it was for dinner. Quickly I put everything together, cut & scraped out the avocados, added the spice mix...but wait I had not read the ingredients. WOW - I realized that I really had not read the ingredients, but its only seasoning for guacamole...I looked at the ingredients, my heart beat faster, oh no...it reads "Organic Onions, Organic Nonfat Milk....". Good thing I had not mixed it all up and I was able to safe quite a bit of avocado for the girls. - What was I thinking to not read the label?, or even better question I usually make it myself why did I even want to buy a seasoning mix? Oh well, the only thing that pops in my head now is an old, old song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt5ShknVheg. I really dated myself now, right?!

The lesson I learned today is to never let my label reading guard down...
That was
In any case tonight we had Taco's (what great fun food :) for dinner. Very fast, easy to make.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...