Saturday, January 31, 2009

It never hurts to ask for "custom made" food...

Can you actually use "custom made" with food?! Mmmmmh?! Well, its not a grammar blog so I will not worry about this now :)

I am getting ready for a girls weekend. The girls weekend is with my German girls friends and Ron will stay home with the little girlies. In any case, we will go on a fantastic hike this morning in the Columbia Gorge and I am responsible to bring the "hiking snack" for everyone. It is Pretzelbread from "My little t American Baker". So now finally I am getting to the Galactosemia point, right?! Alena, Mia Rose, and I just went to pick up the Pretzelbread. An entire bag of delicious smelling fresh bread...it is just so good, BUT it contains some butter. Neither of the girls can eat it and they LOVE Pretzelbread (in Germany they eat a Brezel every day :) ). I explained to them that it contains milk, and they each got a yummy fruit roll. Almost end of story...I ended up talking to the owner asking whether it is possible to get the bread w/o butter and the answer is YES!!! I am so excited. Here is the scoop, you have to order 24 each and give him at least 2 days advance notice. That's it. - 24 each sounds like a lot, but I think that it will be just fine to freeze them. When ready to eat I think it'll need a little brushing of water and some time in the oven. That's eat!!!

Here is the link to the bakery http://www.littletbaker.com/ . It is located right here in SE PDX on the corner of 26th and Division.

P.S.: I just remembered the proper word for food "special order" isn't it?!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...