Friday, January 16, 2009

Playgroup & treats

Every Friday we go to the German playgroup here in PDX. Each parent usually brings along snacks for their kids, but sometimes there are treats. Today one parent brought chocolate cupcake treats made with milk items. My first thought was "I cannot belive" she brought items my girls cannot have...", then I had to stop myself. How self absorbed of me to only think about myself and my kids. The universe does not resolve around me...Truth is, that it is great to have cup cakes for the kids, they loved them. And yes, I felt sad that my girls annot eat the treat but you know what? It did not bother them the least bit. I told them that the items contained "Kuhmilch" (milk) and that was it...The girls then went on to eat the animal cookies we keep at the location and honestly that was it.


Sometimes I really need to get over myself. Of course people will bring items my girls cannot have it's just life...and yes, it is no big deal not for the kids and now that I thought about it neither for me. I need to remind myself to keep things in perspective --> http://galactopdx.blogspot.com/2009/01/perpective.html

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...