Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bread Crumbs....

OK, is this a boring topic? Yes? Maybe? Maybe not? - I actually use bread crumbs at least once a week and it took me some time to find the type I like to work with. So hey, it may be a good topic for a Wednesday morning...

Maybe its a German thing but I use bread crumbs frequently. Meatloaf, Fleischkuechle (German little flat meatballs), Schnitzel, breaded chicken, etc. No, we don't eat breaded food every day :). I choose the type of bread crumb depending upon the type of food. OK I will hold you no longer in suspense...

- Manischewitz, Matzo Meal Unsalted - it comes in a 16 oz container. I prefer the Matzo Meal
when I use the crumbs as a "glue" like in meatloaf, Fleischkuechle, etc.

- Panko (not sure if its breadcrumbs) any type but please remember to double check the label.
Trader Joe's sells a good version, Kikkoman is good, and Ian's has an great Panko breadcrumb
selection.
* I am not sure if you are familiar with Ian's but they have great convenience food
and according to their web site it is all milk sugar free (among other allergens).
We have had the fish sticks, and buffalo chicken before the girls liked it a lot...
Here is the link http://www.iansnaturalfoods.com/

Have a great day everyone. Please let me know what you think. Do you like this type of information? Is it helpful? Do you like the products?

P.S.: I almost forgot here is the link to Manischewitz http://www.manischewitz.com/

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...