Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Night Dinner

We had a friend over for dinner and I told her that the meal tonight will be "experimental beef". Yup, that is what I told her and that is because I made it up :)

Jokes aside, we had beef with green beans, tomatoes, onions, and garlic; mashed potatoes; mixed baby greens, tomatoes in homemade vinaigrette. Does the salad get boring? I know it is so predictable but so, so good :)

I cooked the potatoes - jackets on - in the pressure cooker, mashed them and added vegan butter - I use Earth Balance -, plain Soy Milk, some chopped flat leaf parsley as well as salt to taste.

For the beef I first sautéed the onions - cut into fine rings - in olive oil until soft, added marjoram flakes, and a couple of finely chopped garlic cloves. I then added the beef - beef stew chunks cut small - and let it lightly brown from all sides. Then add about 1/2 C of dry white wine and let it cook down. Next I added market fresh green beans cut in about 1" long pieces and let it all simmer down. Once it was simmered down, I added a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste, let it all blend together. Added salt, and pepper to taste. In the last step I added two finely chopped tomatoes, and let it simmer for another 15 minutes or so with the lid on. I am very proud to report that my experimental beef dish turned out well. Both girls liked it...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...