Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Night Dinner - Soup...

...Tortilla soup, with avocado, lime, and a side salad with the most amazingly, sweet orange cherry tomatoes. I first sautéed a sweet onion, then added a couple of chopped garlic cloves, cumin, chili, some cilantro and then added chicken broth. Brought it to a boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes or so. Then I added a small can of tomatoes, fresh corn (I cut the kernels of a couple of ears), and a can (drained) of black beans. Warmed it up, added some more spices, and salt. Yummy - served with avocado, and lime wedges. Oh, and I totally forgot - I cut 12 tortillas in strips and fried them until crispy. Added some tortillas to the bottom of each soup bowl, and also topped them with it. I know, that it probably comes to a big surprise to all that Alena's favorite part of the soup were the black beans :)

Have a great evening all!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...