Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday Night Dinner = Corn Chowder...

...many foods spell summer to me. BBQ, corn on the cob, tomatoes, ratatouille, and corn chowder. Sweet, thick, corn chowder. Packed with sweet corn, and red peppers. At the end of summer the corn is just sweet enough. Delicious!!!

To make the corn chowder, I first sauteed a chopped, sweet onion, then added the chopped, red bell pepper along with a couple of pinches of salt. I added fresh corn kernel from three ears of corn, then added vegetable broth (Pacific Foods Brand). Next I added three red potatoes (unpeeled) cut in little pieces, and then simmered the soup for 30 minutes. Then I added about a 1/4 cup of polenta and about a 1/2 cup of plain soy milk. Added more salt, and pepper to taste. Turned out great! I added cayenne pepper to my own bowl, and loved it :)

Oh, and yes, there was a salad of baby greens, and sweet, orange cherry tomatoes served along as a side dish.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...