Sunday, October 23, 2011

Saturday Night Dinner - daily dinner posts are back...

as we are now back from our trip to Europe and I cooked my first real meal in over four (!) weeks. Yes, it is true I basically have not cooked one meal in for weeks...

So yesterday, I made Goulash. Hearty, smooth, warming, delicious - one of my favorite things to make in the fall and winter. It is delicious, great for guests - which we had last night - and the girlies love it too. I am also always amazed about the fact how six ingredients melt together to such perfection. Yes, only six ingredients. Beef, onions, potatoes, paprika (Hungarian, salt, and water. That's it. I use about equal parts of beef (200 gr/person), onions, and potatoes. Add one generous scoop of paprika a person, and add water so that the beef is just barely covered. It takes about three hours on the stove and it is delicious. Please let me know if you would like an exact recipe...

We serve it with pickles - German style not dill pickles -, crusty white bread, and salad - yes, it is back - on the side.

So hopefully tonight I will not forget to take a dinner photo...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...