Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wednesday is Farmer's Market Day = Mushrooms for dinner

OK - so I am writing this post a day late.  I fell asleep with the girlies last night so even so the pictures and all very ready, this mothership was not ready to write a post about dinner :)  Wednesday is Farmer's Market in downtown Portland.  It is usually also the day that I am in my downtown office, so Ron and I have lunch together.  Now that the market is back open, we usually walk over to there and eat on a park bench out in the sun, or clouds.  Luckily market was yesterday and it was somewhat sunny as it is rainy again today....

Alright, so you may know that we all love mushrooms and the ones from the farmer's market are the best See what I got yesterday

Oregon grown Shitake mushrooms, and fresh - our first - Oregon strawberries.  Dinner, and dessert on a weeknight - yay!!! So what was dinner?  It was Mushroom Risotto - I used my basic risotto recipe http://galactopdx.blogspot.com/2012/05/asparagus-risotto-on-sunday-night.html but used mushroom broth {Pacific Foods} instead of the chicken broth, and of course I did not use the asparagus :).  I sliced the mushrooms first, and sautéed them in a little olive oil before adding them with the last broth ladle to the risotto.  It turned out great - both kids cleaned their plates.

And for dessert?  Sliced Oregon strawberries, with a little pinch of sugar, and some {garden} fresh mint leaves.  Just as a side note,  Oregon strawberries are THE most amazing strawberries ever. Super sweet, full of sugar, and juicy....

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...