Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Baked chicken legs, oven roasted beets, mixed salad, with jasmine rice

was our first dinner of the 2012/2013 school year.  Quick, easy, and good.

This is one of my goto cheater dinners.  I dredge chicken legs {bone in, skin on} in Bisquick {I know, I know but it is lactose free...always re-read the label} to which paprika, salt, Herbs de Provence, and plenty of ground pepper has been added.  Once they are thoroughly coated, I bake them in the oven at 425 F for about 45-50 minutes.  Super easy, right?! Usually we just have mixed green salad, and rice with this but remember our fantastic vegetable bin?  Yes, we steel had beets left over and the four of us are all crazy about them...So delicious.  Alena helped me in the kitchen today, and both of us kept noshing on the cleaned beets. Yummy!!!

Easy oven roasted beets
- Briefly rinse beets and then peel them {I use a potato peeler - if you do not like "pink" stained hands
  use gloves}
- Quarter them, and cut into slices about a 1/4" thick
- Preheat oven to 425F {perfect to make with the chicken}
- Layer beet slices evenly in a baking dish {today I ended up using two}- be sure that they are in a
  single layer.  Drizzle with olive oil, and bake for about 35 minutes, or until beets are tender to your
  liking

 Sprinkle with salt before serving!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...