Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday night dinner experiment...

this is what I call tonight's dinner. Do not get me wrong.  It was good, just not the way I imagined.  Oh, you want to know what it was?  It was an experiment in Pineapple Tomato Tofu Curry.  Yes, really it was good.  Nice sweetness from the pineapple, and bright flavors from the tomatoes as well as Kafir Lime Leaves.  It just was not the way I had imagined it would be.  For one it was way too soupy!  I probably should have served it as a soup with rice noodles, instead of a curry with a side of rice.  Yup, as I write this it dawns on me.  THAT is what I should have done Pineapple Tomato Tofu Curry SOUP! HA, how did I go so wrong?!  OK - but still the flavors were right on.  Sweet, succulent, and a hint of minor heat {I had to add heat to my plate :)}

Both girls liked it - and I have to say that one of the nice things about making tofu is that the answer to "is it dead?"is just so much easier.  I am so excited that all of us have discovered that we like tofu.  Whoo-hoo....

Oh, and no there will be no recipe tonight.  I really need to perfect it.  It is just not ready to be shared.  It will be revisited. I promise....


ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...