Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and tomato salad

was our dinner a couple of nights ago. Did you miss me?  No, I did not fall of the blogging chair - it just has been a little crazy around here.  All is good.  Kids are good, Ron is good, I am good - I will not bore you with my social calendar...

Anyway on Monday I made meatloaf for dinner...a family favorite.  I like making it as it is easy, quick to prepare and all that is needed to pop the meatloaf in the oven for baking. Plus {this may actually be why I like it even more} I have the girl's lunch for the following day.  Just chop up a slice of meatloaf {a sandwich would be nice - however neither of my girlies like it that way}, dice it, put it in the lunch box with some veggies, a fork and voila lunch is ready...

The picture is not the best, but it was really good...



Meatloaf
2-1/2 lbs of 10% beef
2-3 cloves of garlic minced {we love garlic so I use three large cloves}
1 small onion finely diced
3-4 tsp of salt {I use kosher - you may want to add more}
3-4 tsp Italian Herbs {or use fresh herbs}
      good amount of ground black pepper
3/4 C of Matzo meal {or other dairy free bread crumbs}
1    Egg
     Ketchup -> for the top of the meatloaf before baking
   
Preheat oven to 375F

1. Mix all of the ingredients {just not the ketchup} by hand into a dough
2. Shape the meat into a loaf, and place into a oven safe dish
3. Cover top of the meatloaf with ketchup and rub it around the sides as well {we like a lot of ketchup
    on our - use less if you are not a fan}
4. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes until meat is cooked all the way through




ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...