Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cauliflower & Tomato Curry - Vulcano Walk

How is everyone doing this Thanksgiving week?  - Ready for the big day? You, know with or without turkey but with friends or family?  I know we are ;)  The girlies are out of school this week so it is a lot of Mommy and us time.  Today is my baby, little sister's birthday... we are scattered all over the world.  I live in Portland, she lives in Helsinki so there are no birthday get togethers. However,  first thing we did this morning is wish Kati a Happy Birthday.  I really, really enjoy it when the girlies are home and it is generally all fun and games;  yesterday I was able to work some...today was a slightly different story.  Yes, there was some Public Television time, and we also made some crafts {whoo-hoo} there was however also some defiance from my older girl.  That  my friends, was not fun...I do not think it was fun for either of us. Certainly, I know it is all usual kid stuff and she is getting older, gaining her voice, but truth be said it was quite hard on this mothership...

Anyway, enough of the complaining. After everyone cooled off, we headed to the playground on Mt. Tabor.  Mt. Tabor is an extinct volcano that is in the middle of South East Portland.  It is an amazing city park, and walking distance from our house.  We took a different way today, walked through the woods {collected a bunch of greens for Xmas decorations}, took the extra loop and stopped at the playground.  Yes, it did rain but we had fun.  We took another walk back down; headed back home took a break to enjoy the view....



and then walked back home where we enjoyed Peppermint Hot {Soy} Chocolate with marshmallows.  The walk and the hot chocolate really did make everything better.


For dinner, we had Cauliflower & Tomato Curry which I made out of my other favorite cookbook from Mollie Katzen - Vegetable Heaven, with a side of rice, and oven baked tofu.  I changed the recipe a little by adding a small can of coconut milk as well as a squeeze of lemon.  The girls absolutely loved this meal - Alena had seconds and finished all of it; it was however {at least that is what I think} not Ron's favorite.  But you know, the girls loved, loved, loved it...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...