Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Broccoli in Ginger Garlic Dressing {#salad} #dairyfree

Yesterday was a broccoli kind of dinner day.  You would think, that eating dark greens at night should make you super energetic well, but not me as I fell asleep with the girlies last night...

Our main meal was "Cream" of Broccoli Soup {I will make it again soon}.  It is a great way to use all the broccoli stems {we like to eat the "crowns"}, as well as leftover potatoes and so delicious.  I usually put the broccoli stems in the freezer for future use.  Yesterday was the day, plus I used the stems from the fresh large bunch I just bought.  With the florets I made this delicious salad.  It was a huge hit with the family - I only wish to have bought two large bunches :)


Broccoli in Ginger Garlic Dressing
1 large bunch of broccoli {florets only - or a large back of broccoli florets}
3/4" fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 large garlic clove minced
2 Tbl Rice Vinegar
4 Tbl Toasted Sesame Oil
2 tsp   Hoison Sauce
1 Tbl  Soy Sauce {yes, our kids eat soy sauce but you can leave it out & use salt instead}
1/4 C  Sunflower Seeds
1/4 C  Raisins

1. Blanch broccoli 
2. Mix ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, hoison sauce, and soy sauce together.  Stir 
    together for at least a couple of minutes until well blended.
3. Add Sunflower Seeds and Raisins carefully mixing them into the dressing
4. Add the cold, blanched broccoli florets and carefully cover it with the dressing.  
    Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...