Monday, January 28, 2013

Busy weekend recap...#ChocolateCakeDay best steak ever...

How was your weekend?  Ours was very nice, and very busy....

On Saturday we went - as usual - to the German Sophie Scholl Saturday School in the morning.  It actually lasts until 12:30 so we do not get back home before after 1 p.m. Saturday has been our day to go out for lunch/dinner.  All of us are usually tired so it has been a nice change of pace.  Afterwards we went - are you ready - roller skating at the Oaks Park Roller Rink.  Let me just tell you that I do not have a lot of previous roller skating experience.  Well, maybe that one time when I got roller skates at the age of nine and broke my arm.  There was also another time - a couple of years after the arm breaking incident - that I tried again.  I skated down a hill by my grandparents house, could not stop myself and rode ride into a phone booth {yes - a big yellow phone booth they did still exist at the time I was a kid}.  So anyway,  you get the picture I really have no positive roller skating experience.  The girls wanted to go...so hey, I can always give it a new try plus I have had never skated at a roller ring.  Wow!!!  What have I missed all those years?!  I - honestly - had so so so much fun!!!  Yup, glad the girlies like it too so we will be back...

Sunday was busy too.  Ron ran a 1/2 Marathon in the morning, and the girls along with me as well as the girl scout troupe went to see a play at the Oregon Children's Theater.  Super fun, but Mia Rosie was a little scared...

Yesterday was Chocolate Cake Day, so I made brownies {yes, I cheated by using a box from Trader Joe's but...this time I added 6 Tbl of Olive Oil instead of Earth Balance. These were the best brownies EVER!}
Alena celebrates chocolate cake day with Brownies 
For dinner Ron asked if we could have steak and you know who else loves steak?  Yes, Mia Rose.  I am always a little scared to make steak - there is nothing worth than an over cooked steak.  Anyway, I resorted to Mr. Google and found the Alton Brown method to cooking steak in a cast iron pan.  Wow - it worked like a charm.  The best steak ever...and it was super easy.
Mia Rose loves steak 

I also made Chimichurri sauce {green} topped the steak with it, oven baked potatoes, and a green salad.   Everyone was happy :)

Have a great week!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...