Thursday, February 26, 2009

Trust and School

Both of our girls go to school. They are there 2 full-days a week. Alena actually goes every day but stays twice a week the entire day. In any case, at Alena's school kids bring treats for birthdays and I make sure that there are always some treats in the freezer for her. So it really is no big deal. Well, today they are celebrating their 100th school day and the teacher is bringing in ice cream treats. And you know what? She is bringing in Tofutti Ice Cream bars so everyone can have one. Isn't that just so wonderful. It makes my heart sing that my girl will not have to be different from everyone else.

Mia Rose goes two full days a week. Unlike Alena for whom I pack a lunch, Mia Rose gets fed at her school. This is really a matter of trust. Both Ron and I checked out the school carefully, talked to the teachers. We trust them and truth be said if we would not trust them with Mia Rosie's food would we really want to leave her in their care? - Today I took another look at their daily lunch menu and I noticed that they actually offer cheese & cheese crackers to the kids. But you know what? They are only offered on the days when Mia Rose is not at school. Isn't that wonderful?

The point I want to make that it is important to trust the school and the people taking care of the kids. It is hard to hold on too tight to the kids, but I do not think that is good for the kids...

Have a great day.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...