Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ear infections, antibiotics, and pharmacies...

Another weekend another ear infection at least is has been pretty much like that in our house. We went to the pediatrician two days in a row. Friday for Mia b/c she had a fever, complained of tummy ache, and sore throat. Thankfully she does not have strep but a bad cold...Then last night Alena could not sleep b/c of a horrible ear ache. So today I went with Alena to the pediatrician...

Long story short she has an ear infection and we got a new prescription for an antibiotic. The pediatrician on call gave us the option between liquid and chewables. She wrote up the prescription for both options depending upon which type would be safe. Today I decided to try yet another pharmacy. Paulsen's Pharmacy on NE Sandy. Its a small pharmacy, they even have a soda fountain and the best part is that they also compound if need by. Oh, and did I mention that they also deliver. Unheard of, isn't it? Anyways, they were so super nice and made sure that the drugs are safe for Alena. I anticipated that the chewables were not safe, and I turned out to be right. The liquid works great for us too so...And yes, I am trying to make a point here. I think that it is just so important to find the right pharmacy, but also know that I need to make sure every single time we bring in a prescription to tell them to make sure that its OK for the girls. At Paulson's they actually told me to please remind them every time we come in even so they put it in her file...

I hope that this is it with illnesses as we are leaving for Europe in a couple of weeks and it would be really hard on everyone to travel being sick.

Here is the info about the pharmacy. It is also listed on the left hand panel on the blog under "pharmacies" Paulson's Pharmacy, 4246 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97213-1479
Phone: (503) 287-1163

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...