Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pancake Mix - Part II

There is a part II to the pancake mix saga?! Yes :))) - It has become our tradition to have pancakes on Saturday mornings. So this morning I decided to use some of the pancake mix we bought earlier this week. Now, I can give my full rating ;)...

First of all let me say that Alena was so excited about pancakes. In school she also helped to mix it up, so she was thrilled to be working on this again today. She got out the apron for herself and Mia Rose, way too cute :))) In any case, I am writing about rating the pancake mix, right????

I always make German pancakes and they are flat, more crepes like I think is a good description. My dough is usually very light and "runny". This dough was very, very heavy so that was a little strange to me. I used the griddle to bake them (this would never work with the "Germans"), poured nice round little puddles on the griddle. They "puffed" up and I have to say that they turned out to be perfect, typical pancakes you would get served for breakfast here at any restaurant. Really, really good...so if you are looking for a good pancake mix, try the one from Bob's Red Mill. Plus you can order online :)))

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...