Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pancake Mix and PJ day at school

Tomorrow Alena's school is having a Pajama Day complete with a pancake breakfast. The teachers asked me today if I could bring a pancake mix which is safe for all kids. Off hand I did not know the answer as I usually make ours from scratch. In any case the girls and I took a little trip to Whole Foods this afternoon to find a pancake mix. Each girl had her own little shopping cart so we did have quite a bit of fun ;) - I originally thought that it would be quite simple to find a dairy free mix, not so! Seems like most of them have whey, buttermilk or some other milk product added.

I still found a few and bought the Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free Pancake Mix from Bob's Red Mill. Here is the link to the product http://www.bobsredmill.com/product.php?productid=3749&cat=126&page=1.

The other brand I found without dairy in some of their mixes was Arrowhead Mills. The mixes which looked fine at first glace are the Buckwheat Pancake Mix, Kamut Pancake Mix, Wild Rice Pancake Mix, Oat Bran Pancake Mix, and Gluten Free Pancake Mix here is the link http://www.arrowheadmills.com//products/category.php?cat_id=169.

It looks like you can order from both companies online. - As for the taste, I will have to let you know later on this week if the kids like the pancakes. I am sure that they will be great :)

Have a great day!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...