Sunday, March 1, 2009

What I order when we go out for dinner...

This post goes right along with the entry I wrote a couple of weeks ago about "What's in our fridge" http://galactopdx.blogspot.com/2009/01/what-is-in-our-fridge.html.

It used to be that whenever we went out to eat that I would only order what Alena was able to eat. I was worried and also felt bad if I had to tell her that she could not taste my food. All that changed after we met the great family in South Tirol in 2007. We asked what they ordered when they go out and it what clear that everybody ordered what (s)he likes. WOW...at the time that seemed wild to me. The next day I ordered something with cheese on it and you know what? It was no problem with either girl. Well, Mia Rose was still very young at the time but Alena had no issue. We explained that it has "Kuhsmilch" and she did not even question it. From that point on forward we always order what we want. The girls of course also get what they want, of course its a lot more limited but still. One thing so neither Ron nor I will do is order dessert if there is nothing the girls can have. That I think, would just be mean...

The point I am trying to make with this post is that it is of course a learning curve, and a comfort level that we have gained in the past five years. It's all good :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...