Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vegan Eat Your Veggies Stew...

with Mixed Baby Greens, and rustic bread. Today I used onion, carrots, parsnip, and a sweet potato - you caught me, Ron :) added pre soaked 13-bean mix, and homemade vegetable broth. I left the soup for a couple of hours on a low simmer on the stove. I had some large couscous left, which was added for the last 10 minutes before serving.  Salt, pepper, and a couple generous splashes of balsamico to brighten the flavor were added at the end...

Success? Alena had two helpings of the soup/stew as she - you surely know that by now - loves beans, Mia Rosie almost finished her soup/stew but the salad was entideologisier gone from her plate. I call this a dinner success in our little House in Portland, Oregon..

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...