Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beef, red peppers, rice, and roasted root vegetable salad is for dinner...

We are working our way through the family meat pack stored in our freezer. We had some beef left - still have a little more - and I took it out in time to defrost. If it 's not ground beef, I am at a loss as what to make. Well, I could always put it in a pan but it is not really my favorite. I asked Ron, and he came up with the idea to marinate the beef, cut it into thin strips and serve it with peppers. So, that is what I did. Marinated the beef this morning in lemon juice, garlic, and peppercorns. I sautéed an onion, and a couple of red peppers. Then I put the meat into the smoking hot pan. Served along rice, and roasted root vegetable - carrot, parsnip, golden beet, turnip - salad this was a dinner success in our little house in Portland. One child ate all her meat, beets, and rice, while the other ate all veggies, rice, and one slice of beef....

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...