Friday, December 26, 2008

The upside for not having milk products in our girls diet...

Is there really an upside for the girls growing up avoiding products containing conventional milk? At first glance it maybe not, but honestly...since adding the recall feature to the blog I have been looking at all FDA recalls and let me tell you. A bunch of items including chocolate Santa's to biscuits have been recalled because, as the FDA puts it, they may contain Melamine. Melamine? Here is a link to site of the World Health Organization explaining melamine. http://www.who.int/csr/media/faq/QAmelamine/en/ At this point I am really, really happy that I do not have to worry about this chemical in my kids diet. Now isn't that a positive?

Of course I can also find other positives sides for avoiding milk products. Let's just think about cholesterol. Their diet is just so much healthier, and by that mine has become healthier too.

Happy December to all.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...