Sunday, July 26, 2009

I love Kale, Mama...

As of last week I am no longer buying produce on the Farmer's Market, or in the store. What is going on? Did we give up on veggies? Wow, that would be terrible...no, of course not, we just started to get our veggies delivered. It is too late in the season to get a share in a CSA, but it is never to late to join "Organics to You". So, last Tuesday was the first time we got a box full of veggies. Let me tell you, it is very, very, very impressive. Mushrooms, Snap Peas, Lettuce, Garlic, Fresh Onions, Carrots, Potatoes, Broccoli, Zucchini, Tomatoes, Basil, and Kale. And yes, the girls eat everything, we do not exclude one single vegetable. They love tomatoes...Mia Rose actually ate an entire pint of cherry tomatoes the other day :)

In any case, so we have had the Mushrooms with new Onions and Pasta; Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Couscous; home made Gnocchi with home made Pesto (pls let me know if you are interested in the recipe & I will post it...and yes, the pesto I made was with Parmesiano Regiano); Kale with black beans and rice...So why, the title? Today we had black beans, rice, and Kale for dinner. Alena loves black beans, Mia Rose on the other hand sees her plate looks at it (so imagine one pile of rice, pile of black beans, and pile of sauteed kale) and says "Mama I love Kale..." It was just so cute that I had to share it :)

Lately it seems that my posts have nothing to do with CG. Well, on one hand this one certainly does not but on the other hand it does. Just like with earlier posts about the berries it goes to illustrate that we live a normal life. The girls eat all fruits & veggies, even Parmesiano Reggiano and they are doing fine. I used to be so frightened that something terrible would happen if they would eat certain food which are not allowed under the Acosta Diet. I remember when Alena was first eating solids how I analyzed every single ingredient. Poor girls, she did not have any apple sauce, nor carrots...I sound like a broken record now, but I have come a long way. Remember the glass is always, always half full...

P.S.: Here is the link to Organics to you...http://www.organicstoyou.org/

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...