Thursday, March 20, 2014

Indulgent #Vegan Herbed Potatoes {#Dairyfree} the perfect #sidedish

Did you all have a fun St. Patrick's Day?  We celebrate it just a little bit and really it is Ron who insisted on having the celebration and it is very low key.  It means Corned Beef for dinner as well as a pint, or two of a nice Irish Stout.  I know, German girl makes Irish food…but hey it actually turned out quite good if I amy say so myself.  The past couple of years I have boiled to deliciousness with potatoes and cabbage but this year I baked it in the oven.  The cabbage was sautéed {a huge huge hit} and the potatoes?  I baked them into super indulgent Vegan Herbed Potatoes.  Let me tell you,  I am never going back to boiling Corned Beef - yes, as in ever…it was so, so good.  Oh, and we also had the most delicious Irish Soda Bread - dairy free - that my wonderful friend Larissa made.  It was out of this world…

What do you think?



Now let's talk about Herbed Potatoes;  I sampled "Butter and Herb Potatoes" when out shopping for the event. Oh so so good - really just beyond expectation amazing, but there was one huge big down-
side.  You know, right?!  Yes, Butter as in cow as in not safe for our girls…so hey why not use Earth Balance instead.  I made another couple of changes and let me tell you…these potatoes are absolutely amazing.  Yes, super indulgent and they were a huge hit at the table.  There were hardly any leftover potatoes….

Herbed Potatoes

  • 1-1/2 sticks of Earth Balance {or other butter of your choosing}
  • 1/4 C horseradish {I used Extra Hot Beaver brand horseradish Beaver check label}
  • app. 3 lb red  potatoes, scrubbed and sliced thinly
  • 1 small leek, cleaned, and cut into thin rings {I use the entire leek}
  • 1/2 bunch fresh dill, chopped {or more}
  • 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
  • 2 tsp salt and plenty of ground black pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. In a small pot, carefully melt Earth Balance; 
  3. add horseradish when melted
  4. Place potato slices together with vegetables and herbs in a large bowl
  5. Pour the melted Earth Balance/horseradish over the potatoes and veggies.  Toss well until all potatoes are evenly coated
  6. Transfer the potato/vegetable to a shallow baking dish.  Cover with aluminum foil  and bake for about 40-45 minutes until potatoes are soft.
  7. Add additional salt & pepper to taste.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...