My kick-off dish is a Pumpkin Orange Soup and this is actually one of my very first pumpkin dishes I have made.
Pumpkin Orange Soup
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 C Orange Juice
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- optional 1 C of water
- Cilantro for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add onion together with salt when hot. Saute onion until they have softened.
- Add ginger, cayenne pepper together with cinnamon and carefully mix under the onions. Sauté for another minute or so until the spices become fragrant.
- Stir in orange juice and bring to a quick boil, turn down the heat and carefully stir in pumpkin puree. Simmer for a few minutes.
- You can add in additional water if soup is too thick for your taste
- Adjust salt - ladle into individual bowls and garnish each with fresh cilantro.
Check the rest of today's other pumpkin recipes...
Check out all the #PumpkinWeek Bloggers and their recipes:
Pumpkin Loaf by Love and Confections
Lemongrass-Kissed Sankaya (Thai Pumpkin Custard) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes with Biscoff Frosting by The Spiffy Cookie
Pumpkin Peach Smoothie by Happy Food Healthy Life
Egg and Pumpkin Breakfast Cups by Curious Cuisiniere
Witches Eye Glass Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes by Lady Behind The Curtain
Easy Homemade Pumpkin Puree by Life Tastes Good
Pumpkin Orange Soup by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Macaroni with Kale and Creamy Pumpkin Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Roasted Pumpkin and Chickpea Samosas by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by My Catholic Kitchen
Pumpkin Scones by Making Miracles
Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Pajama Chef
Pumpkin Molasses Cookies by That's My Home
Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oatmeal by Dizzy Busy and Hungry