Tuesday, December 16, 2014

German Holiday Baking = Lebkuchen {Gingerbread} spice mix {#homemade}

The cookie baking frenzy has finally arrived at our little house in Portland and this year I wanted to make something different.  Yes,  there are old favorite - some are yet to be made - but I was really, really craving homemade Lebkuchen treats.  True, a sleeve of imported German Lebkuchen - dairy free even - can always be picked-up at Trader Joe's but there is nothing like homemade treats.  Right?!  I am sure you agree…

Now it's confession time so - I have never made Lebkuchen myself before plus the spice mix is not readily available at our local grocery stores.  Yes,  there is always the German store but it takes another trip and thus time out of my day.  So I searched and found the perfect recipe for a Lebkuchen spice mix…

Perfection friends - it smells like Christmas and takes me right back home, and oh, the treats you will be able to make with this delicious mix….


Lebkuchen Spice Mix
  • 3 Tbs ground cinnamon
  • 1 Tb ground cloves
  • 1/8 tsp ground allspice
  • 1/8 tsp ground coriander
  • 1/8 tsp generous - ground cardamon
  • 1/8 tsp generous - ground ginger
  • Pinch of ground nutmeg
1. Combine all spices on a plate and mix up
2. Store Lebkuchen spice mix in a Mason jar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...