Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baked chicken legs, oven fries, sautéed broccoli, and salad

was our Thursday night dinner. This was done quickly and perfect for a weeknight.

I dredged the chicken legs - bone and skin on - in Bisquick to which I added salt, pepper, and paprika. That's it!!! Bake at 425 F for about 45 minutes - 30 minutes skin side down, and the last 15 minutes skin side up. It comes out perfectly moist and tasty! The oven fries, and salad are self explanatory, right?! Oh, but the broccoli turned out really good. I have to start by admitting that I am not a huge fan of it but I added golden raisins, and balsamico. Voila!

Sautéed Broccoli
- broccoli florets (I used fresh) broken up into individual florets
- splash of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons golden raisins (or more)
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar app. 1/4 cup, white balsamic

1. Heat olive oil on high, when hot add
2. Broccoli florets stir them frequently, and cover. Remove cover when broccoli turns bright
green. Add,
3. raisins, and salt. Continue to stir, then add,
4. Balsamico - I used "regular" but white would be better - and let it reduce. Toss, adjust
salt, and pepper.

We really liked the broccoli with a twist :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...