Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pumpkin Patch #Fun in #Oregon

It seems that all my posts are written in my head lately and do not make to the keyboard....but now finally :)

I love fall - as I do all other seasons - but one of my favorite things about it is all the beautiful colors and especially orange.  The color orange just makes me happy;  this girl may have gotten herself an orange purse on vacation - so yes, orange is the color that makes me happy and to me there is nothing quite like a field of pumpkins basting in the sun.  So pretty - and yes, we all love, love, love to go to the Pumpkin Patch.

The visit to the Pumpkin Patch is special and something we do at least once every October; growing up in Germany we did not celebrate Halloween and pumpkins were something I saw occasionally on the market - so let's just say that I have fully embraced this wonderful American tradition.  You may remember that my sister Kati was visiting us and you know what?  She had never been to a Pumpkin Patch either - so there was really no question about what were going to do :)  Yes...Pumpkin Patch - this year we went out to Rasmussen Farms in Hood River {in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge}.  The Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie Island is our usual spot - but it had been raining so hard that we imagined the fields being way too muddy {yes, there is such a thing :)}.   Let me tell you, it was worth the drive - take a look....

Plus not only is there a wonderful themed corn maze, but also pumpkin fun land and the most amazing views of Mt. Adams as well as Mt. Hood. Let me just say that we had so much fun....
...now you know that there will be a post on making Jack-O Lantern's out of our beautiful pumpkins, right?! Stay tuned...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...