Sunday, April 8, 2012

Ham, roasted asparagus with fresh tarragon, (s)mashed potatoes = Easter Dinner

and yes, there was also a big bowl of mixed green salad, and I made a loaf - not no-knead - of bread. The potatoes are amazing.I am using this recipe by the Family Foodie http://familyfoodie.com/how-to-make-the-perfect-smashed-potatoes-sundaysupper/ and it is amazing. I swapped Earth Balance - or other vegan butter - for the"cow" butter, and today I used Hemp milk instead of the "cow" milk. Truly, these are the creamiest potatoes ever!!!
Everything else is pretty standard, and the fresh tarragon - in the salad and in the oven baked asparagus - gave it just a little more festive, and spring like flavor. I originally wanted to make a raisin sauce to serve with the ham, but we ran out of time. It was such a beautiful day, so we took a nice long walk. Pictures about our day, and dessert to follow tomorrow...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...