Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Asian inspired noodle salad with...

side of beef and chicken.  What?!  Did I get you confused?  Okay - I found a package of rice noodles in my cupboard {Trader Joe's} and feeling uninspired I read a recipe on the back of the package for Bun a.k.a. Vietnamese Noodle Salad.  Sounded like and was a fantastic idea.  Romaine lettuce, julienned peeled cucumber, rice noodles, basil, cilantro, mint,  rice noodles, and peanuts.  What is not to like about that! Quick, cool, and refreshing.  Perfect for an August day.  I had a small steak left, and also gotten half a chicken breast which I served on the side.  Steak for Mia Rosie and Ron; chicken for Alena, Mia Rosie, and myself.


For the dressing - for lack of better terms - I played around.  I used

2         cloves of garlic minced
1/3 C  of toasted sesame oil
1/2      fresh ginger grated
1-2      splashes of soy sauce - to taste
1   tsp  Hoison sauce {or more to taste}
4-6 TB rice vinegar - {to taste}
1/2 tsp  Sriacha Chili Sauce {or more to taste}

Mixed it all up - adjusted spices and poured it over the noodle salad.  It really was delicious - crunchy romaine, with rice noodles, peanuts and the occasional burst of mint!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...