Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ice "cream" Birthday cake for Ron

This is the second ice "cream" cake I have ever made, and the second one made this year.  My first try at an ice cream cake was for Mia Rosie's 6th Birthday in February with a Vanilla-Raspberry Ice "Cream" cake.  It was a the family's favorite all time favorite so I promised Ron that I would make one for his Birthday. Come to think of it - I really should not admit to it - this is the very first Birthday cake I have made for my darling husband in nearly fifteen years of marriage...And how he deserves this cake.  No worries, I will not get into any smoochy, kind of talk now that is just not me... But yes, he deserves this cake for his special day today :)

In any case,  I started making it late in the afternoon yesterday.  This one is a little different from the Vanilla-Rasperry Ice "Cream" cake.  For one, it is Vanilla-Peach, only three layer - the Vanilla-Rasperry was four layers of ice "cream" - of ice "cream, and it it is made with Tempt Vanilla Bean Hemp Milk Ice "Cream" which I think is the best out of all the alternative ice "creams" available.  It has a very creamy texture, the flavor is just plain vanilla without a hint of coconut, or soy.  Oh, and I just realized that I also used a little more ice "cream" for this cake but it worked out great.

Vanilla-Peach Ice "Cream" Cake


 - yellow cake mix, or biscuit from scratch
- 2 half pints of Peach Sorbet (app. 500 ml each)
- 3 half pints of Vanilla Bean Hemp Milk ice "cream"
- 2 fresh peaches sliced, and 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries

1. Put ice "cream" in the fridge before you start with #2
2. Bake the cake in a round springform cake pan. Let it cool throughly
3. Smooth 1-1/2 half pints over the cooled cake, and cover with foil
4. When the first layer is frozen and firm, smooth the sorbet over the vanilla ice "cream".  Cover with 
    foil and put back in the freezer
5. When ice "cream" is firm repeat step 3 and decorate the cake with the peach slices, blueberries and 
    freeze.

It takes about 24 hrs - so you have to be prepared.  Be sure to take it out of the freezer at least 45 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

Happy Birthday, Ron!


ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...