Monday, August 20, 2012

Rigatoni in Chorizo & Tomato Sauce {Macaroni en Salsa de Tomate con Chorizo}

was our dinner on this Monday night.  Last night we had Paella and I bought a package of Spanish Chorizo {please read label carefully to make sure it is "safe"}.  It comes in a double pack, so there was another pack left over  This was the first time I had bought Chorizo and I was at a loss what to make.  Time for an internet search and I found a recipe for Pasta in Chorizo & Tomato Sauce.  It read like an easy meal to make, plus all of the ingredients were at home.  Whoo-hoo for that :)  - Well, I used Rigatoni - a full pound/full box - and the tomatoes I used were diced, and 28 oz.  I also cut the chorizo much thinner - it turned out delicious. Even the girlies ate the pasta with sauce.

Oh, it was salad for a side. No, not my usual mixed greens, but escarole with a surprise ingredient.   I made a dressing with finely chopped 1/2 onion, extra virgin olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, salt, paper, and a hint of paprika.  My surprise ingredient was one donut nectarine, and one donut peach.  It was perfect...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...